A Trout Fishery located in the beautiful Hampshire countryside offering fly fishing experiences and fun days out that are second to none.
We would recommend using:
- 6/7 weight outfit with a floating line is ideal, or a 5 weight outfit for a bit more fun when stalking or when distance casting is not required.
- A minimum of 12ft of leader material in 6-8lb breaking strain.
- Don’t make the mistake of fishing to deep, in good conditions most fish are caught in the top few feet of water.
- By far the best fly at Dever is a Damsel, its on the catch return everyday!
- Small natural imitations such as bloodworms, hares ears, pheasant tails, montanas and buzzers.
- Try fishing the buzzer with an indicator.
- Stalking Bugs when the sun is shinning!
- Fritz lures cats whiskers and dancers on Willow Lake only.
A roaming approach is usually the most productive, either:
- Keeping on the move trying to stalk individual fish and then casting, or;
- Casting ‘blind’ spending a few minutes exploring each swim then moving on.
Stalking can produce the biggest fish at Dever Springs.
We now sell individual Fulling Mill flies so we can suggest the best pattern for the day.
Dever Springs (Angling) Ltd,
Barton Stacey, Nr. Winchester Hampshire SO21 3NP
Office Opening Times
8am – 12pm (Noon) Monday to Sunday
Answerphone outside of this times.
(0)1264 720 592